Who is Abraham Hicks?
When I was first introduced to Abraham Hicks, through their book, Ask and It Is Given, I have to admit their story sounded a little trippy. But I couldn’t ignore the resonance with their message and what felt like the truth to me.
For almost four decades, Esther Hicks, has been receiving blocks of thought from non-physical Source energy, also referred to as her Inner Being, which she translates into words, acting as a mouthpiece to share wisdom and answer all of life’s questions. Although she allows them-Abraham is plural-to flow through her, she doesn’t refer to it as channeling and maintains that she’s not in a trance.
If you’re new to their teachings and that feels a little too woo woo or in opposition to your religion, please don’t let that deter you. Now, almost 20 years later, I truly believe that Abraham is a manifestation of Infinite Intelligence and the most reliable Source of wisdom I’ve ever encountered about Universal Laws and who we really are, physical extensions of non-physical consciousness.
The Source Energy that Abraham represents is available to all of us, all of the time, and the ultimate guidance from Spirit is present in everyone through their emotional feedback system.
They often joke that they’ve been saying the same thing over and over since the beginning. It’s actually true though. Their message never changes, only the delivery and our ability to allow it do.
So I compiled this list of Abraham Hicks quotes, that I hope will resonate with you, to assist on your journey through this lifetime. As Abraham reminds us, “You are here to create your very own fairytale.” And they’ve given us all of the resources, emphasis on Source, needed to live our happily ever after right now.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Applying the Law of Attraction
- You’re not manifesting. You’re creating the environment that allows the manifestation.
2. Every time you praise something, every time you appreciate something, every time you feel good about something, you are telling the Universe ‘More of this, please.’
3. Anything that you are wanting: Don’t stand in the lack of it and lament that it isn’t there, and expect it to come to you! It CANNOT!
4. Don’t put words to things you don’t want to encourage the momentum of.
5. You ask with your desire and then you block (or allow) with your belief.
6. Complaining about anything keeps you in the place of refusing to receive the things you’ve been asking for.
7. Whenever you are criticizing, it’s like shouting to the boundaries of the Universe, ‘Bring me more of this please.’
8. Take the handful of things that do feel good and just run them into the ground. Ever had a good joke that you just want to tell to everybody?
9. The rule of thumb is you never take action when there is negative emotion within you because it will always be counterproductive. Always talk to yourself until you feel better and then follow the inspired action that comes from that open valve.
10. Every time you take score, you’re looking in the wrong direction. You can’t look at what is and what’s becoming at the same time. They’re different frequencies.
11. When you put yourself in the place of knowing that good things are coming to you, and you’re not trying to define the avenue through which they come, then you’re much more general. And therefore you’re much less resistant. And therefore you’re much more willing to allow it to come.
12. The reason you want every single thing that you want, is because you think you will feel really good when you get there. But, if you don’t feel really good on your way there, you can’t get there. You have to be satisfied with what is, while you’re reaching for more.
13. Your emotions provide a wonderful guidance system for you. And if you will pay attention to them, you will be able to guide yourself to anything that you desire.
14. The manifestation of the stuff follows precisely the manifestation of the emotion. That’s why we want so much for you to make the manifestation of the emotion, not just your main event, but the only event that you’re focused upon.
15. In order for things to change, you have to see them as you want them to be, rather than continuing to observe them as they are.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Effort
16. Most rarely align with their true power because it seems illogical to them that there is power in relaxation, in letting go, or in love, or joy, or bliss. We want you to breathe rather than try, to relax, rather than offer effort, to smile rather than struggle, to be rather than do.
17. As ideas drop into your lap, emotions will drop into your lap. The inspiration for the next step will drop into your lap. And until, better word, unless, UNLESS it’s dropping in your lap, you’re not experiencing the path of least resistance. So, it’s an ‘efforting’ involved that is counterproductive. There are people that would say to you: ‘You shouldn’t just sit around and be lazy and wait for things to happen.’ And we say, ‘Yes, you should, unless you want to do it really the hard way.’ But don’t just sit around and be lazy, in the sense that you let your mind wander all over the place. Focus yourself on good feeling thoughts. But here is the thing. You don’t have to find good feeling thoughts about the things that you’ve been feeling resistant about. Because usually when you reach for good feeling thoughts about the things you’ve been feeling resistant about, you will find bad feeling thoughts. So, find good feeling thoughts wherever you can find them. That’s the key.
18. We want to convince you that you’re worthy enough, that the mere thought that you would like something is enough to ensure the receiving of it. And any of you, who don’t believe that, have been trained by a society who believes in struggle.
19. The Universe is not punishing you or blessing you. The Universe is simply responding to the vibrational attitude that you are emitting.
20. Just do your best to keep yourself in balance. One of the first things that causes energy misalignment, is asking or demanding too much of yourself in terms of time and effort. Another words, you just cannot burn the candle at both ends, so that you are physically tired, and then expect yourself to have a cheerful attitude. So the rule of thumb has to be: ‘I’m going to be very, very, very, happy, and then do everything I have time to do after that.
21. It is not through struggle and effort that resistance is released, but through distraction and relaxation.
22. Everything is about Law of Attraction. Not law of going out and getting it. It’s not law of deserving. It is not law of earning. It is just law of achieving vibrational harmony with that which you want, and then it cannot not come. It must come to you.
23. Don’t go looking for your path. Prepare yourself vibrationally so it appears beneath your feet
24. We would like you to release the word ‘achieve’ or ‘earn’ from your vocabulary and from your understanding altogether. And we would like you to replace those words with the word “allow.” You’re wanting to allow your wellbeing, not achieve it. It’s not something that you need to earn. All you have to do is decide what it is you would like to experience, and then allow it in order to ‘achieve it.” It isn’t something you have to struggle for or try for. You are all worthy beings. You are deserving of this wellbeing.
25. Be easy about it. Be playful about it. Don’t work too hard at it. Start with things that are easy. Let the Universe show you how aware it is of you. There are so many paths to what you want, and all of them, delicious.
26. Trying is your indication that you are not going with the flow. You work so hard. You try to use your effort and your action and your hours and your hard work and your stamina and your grit and your determination to cover up energy that is misaligned. Cut it out and focus upon the energy first.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Manifesting Quickly
27. It takes no time for the Universe to manifest what you want. Any time delay you experience is due to your delay in getting to the place of believing, knowing and feeling that you already have it. It is you getting yourself on the frequency of what you want. When you are on that frequency, then what you want will appear.
28. The only thing that keeps you from fast fulfillment of everything you want is contradictory thought.
29. Instant manifestations will be a daily occurrence for you when you yourself are not contradicting your own vibrational desires.
30. It doesn’t take time. It just takes alignment.
31. If something that you want is slow to come to you, it can be for only one reason: You are spending more time focused upon its absence than you are on its presence.
32. The amount of time it takes you to get from where you are to where you want to be, is only the amount of time it takes you to change the vibration within you. Instant manifestation could be yours if you could instantly change the vibration.
33. The fastest way to get somewhere else is to focus positively on where you are.
34. Patience is what you must develop when you’re going about it in a way that doesn’t work. Then you’ve gotta be patient. But you don’t need to be patient when you’re satisfied. Don’t be patient. Be satisfied.
35. If you could pray for something, and move immediately to the knowledge that it has been answered, it would come quickly.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Alignment
36. The Universe does not know whether the vibration that you’re offering is because of something you’re observing or something you’re remembering or something that you are imagining. It just receives the vibration and answers it with things that match it.
37. Don’t let any place that you are standing frighten you. All it is, is a byproduct of some energy alignment, which only only gives you stronger clarity about what you want, and most importantly, greater sensitivity about whether you’re in a receiving mode or locked off from it.
38. Alignment first, then action. Alignment first, then conversation. Alignment first, then interaction. Alignment first, then anything else.
39. Don’t try to make up for the absence of alignment with words and actions and effort.
40. Action that is inspired from aligned thought is joyful action. Action that is offered from a place of contradicted thought is hard work, that is not satisfying and does not yield good results. When you really feel like jumping into action, that is a clear sign that your vibration is pure and you are not offering contradicting thoughts to your own desire. When you are having a hard time making yourself do something, or when the action you offer does not produce the results you are seeking, it is always because you are offering thoughts in opposition to your desire.
41. Don’t look for the solution. Look for the alignment. It will bring the solution.
42. When you begin to vibrate in concert with that which you are, oceans part and mountains move, and people come out of the woodwork to accommodate you.
43. Most rarely align with their true power, because it seems illogical to them that there is power in relaxation, in letting go, or in love or joy or bliss. Most people do not understand that their power lies in releasing resistance which is the only obstacle to their true power.
44. The secret of the universe really is minding your own business. -What we mean by that is: don’t get so involved in the desires or beliefs of others that you cause confusion or chatter in your own vibration and compromise your own alignment. When you let nothing be more significant than your own alignment with your own desire then everything in the universe is working in concert for you. It is anyway, but you’re not letting it in, if you are misaligned.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Thoughts
45. You think about things you do not want, mostly because you have not understood how detrimental it is to your experience.
46. Reach for the best feeling thought you have access to.
47. What you are living is the evidence of what you are thinking and feeling – every single time.
48. Whatever you’re thinking about is literally like planning a future event. When you’re worrying, you are planning. When you are appreciating, you are planning. What are you planning?
49. Whether you are thinking about something happening now, or something that happened in your past, or something you would like to have happen in your future, you are doing the thinking now. And it is this present-thought vibration that the Law of Attraction is responding to. Therefore, your power to create is now.
50. The only reason it may seem like some past negative thinking is having an impact on your life now is because you have been continuing the negative train of thoughts or beliefs through all of those years. A belief is nothing more than a chronic pattern of thought, and you have the ability to begin a new pattern, tell a new story, achieve a different vibration and change your point of attraction. As you find a better-feeling thought, your point of attraction shifts-right now!
51. You’re picky about the car you drive. You’re picky about what you wear. You’re picky about what you put in your mouth. Be pickier about what you think.
52. The thing that most people do not understand, is that you get to control the way you feel, because you get to choose the thoughts you think. Most people think that they only have the option of responding to the circumstances that surround them. And that’s what makes them attempt the impossible, which is to control the circumstances around them, which only feeds their feeling of frustration and vulnerability, because it doesn’t take very much life experience to discover you can’t control all of those circumstances. But you can control your vibration. And when you control your vibration, you’ve controlled everything that has anything to do with you.
53. Whether you are thinking about wanted things or unwanted things, you are still sending out a ‘request’ to attract more things like the subject of your thought. And all things that happen to you – all people, things, experiences, situations that come to you – come in response to your vibrational invitation. Noticing how things are turning out for you, is one very clear way of understanding which vibrational requests you are emanating, because you always get the essence of what you are thinking about, whether you want it or not.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Facing Reality
54. You’ve trained yourself to face reality. You’ve trained yourself to tell the truth. You’ve trained yourself to tell it like it is. So in the beginning, these fantasies feel a little inappropriate, because it’s like you’re fooling yourself. Sometimes people will say, ‘Well, isn’t this just denial?’ And we say, ‘We hope so!’ We hope that you are denying the absence that you do not want. And we hope that you are embracing the presence of what you do. But somehow the idea of denial has become a dirty word to you; like it is virtuous to face the reality of the horror of your own lives. And we would be ignoring anything that did not please us. We would get our eyes on what feels good.
55. You have to begin to tell the story of your life as you now want it to be and discontinue the tales of how it has been or how it is.
56. Start telling a better-feeling story about the things that are important to you. Do not write your story like a factual documentary, weighing all the pros and cons of your experience, but instead tell the uplifting, fanciful, magical story of the wonder of your own life and watch what happens. It will feel like magic as your life begins to transform right before your eyes, but it is not by magic. It is by the power of the Laws of the Universe and your deliberate alignment with those laws.
57. Look around less, imagine more.
58. You can get to where you want to be from wherever you are, but you must stop spending so much time noticing and talking about what you do not like about where you are.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Positive Aspects
59. It may sound odd, but the fastest way to get to a new and improved situation is to make peace with your current situation. By making lists of the most positive aspects you can find about your current situation, you then release your resistance to the improvements that are waiting for you. But if you rail against the injustices of your current situation, you hold yourself in vibrational alignment with what you do not want, and you cannot then move in the direction of improvement. It defies law.
60. Make lists of positive aspects. Make lists of things you love. And never complain about anything. And as you use those things that shine bright and make you feel good as your excuse to give your attention and be who you are, you will tune to who you are, and the whole world will begin to transform before your eyes. It is not your job to transform the world for others. But it is your job to transform it for you. A state of appreciation is pure connection to Source where there is no perception of lack.
61. It is our promise to you, if you write things you appreciate in others, in life and in yourself, you will have such a dramatic change in 30 days and if you continued for 6 months the change will be so powerful, so strong, that others who know you will not recognize the old you.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Self Love
62. Give yourself the love you seek and the Universe will send people who match it.
63. Just get happy in any way you can. Do the things that please you most. Spend time with the people that thrill you most. Go to the places where you bask easily. And most of all, make a decision that ‘nothing is more important than that I feel good.’
64. If we were standing in your physical shoes, that would be our dominant quest: Entertaining yourself, pleasing yourself, connecting with yourself, being yourself, enjoying yourself, loving yourself. Some say, ‘Well, Abraham you teach selfishness.’ And we say, ‘Yes we do. Yes we do. Yes we do. Because unless you are selfish enough to reach for that connection, you don’t have anything to give anyone, anyway. And when you are selfish enough to make that connection, you have an enormous gift that you give everywhere you are.
65. People like you as much as you like you.
66. Appreciation and self-love are the most important tools that you could ever nurture. Appreciation of others, and the appreciation of yourself is the closest vibrational match to your Source Energy of anything we’ve ever witnessed, anywhere in the Universe.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Prosperity
67. You don’t even have to talk about prosperity, you just have to stop talking about lack.
68. You want to be filthy rich with enthusiasm. Filthy rich with happiness. Filthy rich with satisfaction. I’m so rich with really good ideas; rich with happiness when I wake up in the morning. That’s what you’ve got to be ready for. And when you get there, so that you feel that way no matter what the state of money is, then the state of money must match the state of vibration. It’s law.
69. Dollars are not the root of happiness. But they are not the root of evil either. They are the result of how somebody lines up their energy.
70. Rather than saying, ‘I never have enough money,’ you say instead: ‘I’m looking forward to having more money.’ That is a very different story, a very different vibration and a very different feeling, which will in time, bring you a very different result.
71. The attraction of money has nothing to do with your ability to earn it. It has only to do with your wanting and believing of your worthiness to receive it.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Health
72. Your body is an absolute mirror of your mind. As you worry, your body shows it. As you love, your body shows it. As you are overwhelmed, your body shows it. As you are angry, your body shows it. Every cell of your body is being allowed or resisted by the way you feel.
73. There is no state of physical decline or damage that you could not recover from. None. Not any. If you knew it… if you wanted it and knew that you could. And that’s those miracles that they talk about every day. They’re not miracles at all, they are the natural order of things. But because they are rare, people think they are miraculous. They’re not. That’s the way it is supposed to be. You’re supposed to thrive.
74. Many do not realize that before they were complaining about an aching body or a chronic disease, they were complaining about many other things first. It does not matter if the object of your complaint is about someone you are angry with, someone who has betrayed you, behavior in others that you believe is wrong, or something wrong with your own physical body – complaining is complaining, and it disallows recovery.
75. If you could focus your attention upon the idea of experiencing physical well-being with as much passion as you focus upon the absence of it, not only would your recovery come quickly, but maintaining your physical well-being and balance would also be easy.
76. Most people spend very little time basking in appreciation for the wellness they are currently experiencing, but instead they wait until they are sick and then turn their attention to recovery.
77. Wellbeing, wellness, WELLNESS, is what’s beating your door down. Wellness is what wants in. And in the moment that you release anything that doesn’t feel good, you relax. And that’s the only thing that comes in, you see. You cannot find vibrational harmony with something that feels good and let something bad in. Ever.
78. Jesus is said to have been a powerful healer. And the reason that he was, is because when he looked at you, no matter what your current temporary state of physical condition, he did not allow himself to behold it. Instead, he saw you as he knows you to be. And because he saw you in your wellness, and he saw you that way so powerfully, your illness could not abide in his vibration. There just wasn’t a place for it there. His signal from his 500 watt tower was so powerful, that your signals were overridden for a while. And then he said, `Go forth and tell no one.’ Because he knew that if you went home and talked about it, that they’d talk you right back into the resistance that was disallowing the wellness to begin with.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Scarcity
79. It is not possible for someone else to receive the resources that were meant for you, and you cannot selfishly squander resources that were intended for someone else. All desires are answered. All requests are granted. And no one is left unanswered, unloved, or unfulfilled. When you stay aligned with your energy stream, you always win. And somebody else does not have to lose for you to win. There is always enough.
80. For everything that you are asking for, there are 20, or 30, or 40, or more, opportunities
that could open for you right now; if you where in the vibrational vicinity of them. So, never worry that when you miss your ship, another will not come. Because they are lined up beyond description. There is never an ending to the orchestration on your behalf. It is huge.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Others
81. Tell everyone you know, ‘My happiness depends on me, so you’re off the hook.’ And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they’re doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel; and then you’ll love them all. Because the only reason you don’t love them, is because you’re using them as you’re excuse to not feel good.
82. You’re unhappy because you’re not in alignment with who you are; not because of what anyone else is doing.
83. When you are tuned in, tapped in, turned on, when you are connected to your Source and holding someone as your object of attention, and you are genuinely offering that feeling of love and appreciation, they can’t offer you anything else.
84. You just cannot look at things that are wrong in the world, putting them in piles, labeling them, and then joining together in groups to push against them, without depriving yourself of the point of attraction that you must accomplish in order to let in all that you consider to be good.
85. You can find yourself in an endless loop where you explain that you feel negative because of the negative behavior of someone else. But if, instead, you take control of your own emotions and you think an improved thought, because it feels better to do so, you will discover that no matter how the negative trend got started, you can turn it around. You have no real control what anyone else is doing with their vibration, or with their actions for the matter. But you have complete control over your own thoughts, vibrations, emotions and point of attraction.
86. The secret of the universe really is minding your own business. What we mean by that is: Don’t get so involved in the desires or beliefs of others that you cause confusion or chatter in your own vibration and compromise your own alignment.
87. The greatest thing you can give yourself is freedom from what others think.
88. The relationships you have with others are a reflection of the vibration you offer. There aren’t actually any ‘others.’ It’s actually all about the relationship you have with yourself. They are projections of that. You can change the people, and new ones will appear with the same dynamics. But it’s changing your emotions (vibration) that changes the dynamics, whether with the same people, or new people.
89. If man understood that ‘what I create has nothing to do with what anybody else is creating’ then he wouldn’t be so afraid of what others are doing.
90. You don’t need anybody to agree with you to get what you want. You only need to agree with you.
91. We would like you to reach the place where you’re not willing to listen to people criticize one another; where you take no satisfaction from somebody being wrong; where it matters to you so much that you feel good; that you are only willing to think positive things about people; you are only willing to look for positive aspects; you are only willing to look for solutions, and you are not willing to beat the drum of all the problems of the world.
92. Be as happy as you want to be in a world gone mad. Be as safe as you want to be in a world that is afraid of everything. Be as healthy as you want to be in a world that is mostly sick. Don’t let the statistics that someone else has created affect you. You get to choose – you are wise enough, smart enough, deliberate enough.
93. People will rise or lower to your expectations 100% of the time. That’s how powerful you are.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Imagination
94. If you could realize that you are visualizing things into being; that you are imagining things into being. If you could get your imagination into a larger part of your life experience, and your observation into a lesser part of your experience, your experience would begin to flip more into things that you do want.
95. Imagination is receiving mode. And humans don’t get that. They think that they conjure their imagination. You don’t. You receive it.
96. When you visualize for the joy of visualizing rather than with the intention of correcting some deficiency, your thoughts are more pure and, therefore more powerful.
97. As you imagine and visualize and verbalize your new story, in time you will believe the new story, and when that happens, the evidence will flow swiftly into your experience.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Your Emotional Guidance System
98. The most valuable skill or talent you could ever develop is that of directing your thoughts toward what you want.
99. Hard work is not the path to wellbeing. Feeling good is the path to wellbeing. You don’t create through action. You create through vibration. And then your vibration calls action from you.
100. If you’re not excited about it, its not the right path.
101. Sitting and contemplating pleasurable thoughts is the most productive thing that you could do.
102. No better guidance has ever been offered to our physical friends than the words of Joseph Campbell to ‘follow your bliss.’ For in the steady reaching for bliss, you must surely align with the energy of your Source.
103. If you know that all is well, you know all you need to know. And if you know life is supposed to be fun, you know more than almost anybody else knows. And if you know that the way you feel is your indicator of how connected you are to Source, then you know that which only a handful of Deliberate Creators, respective to the total population, really know.
104. There is no desire that anyone holds for any other reason than that they believe they will feel better in the achievement of it. Whether it is a material object, a physical state of being, a relationship, a condition, or a circumstance. At the heart of every desire is the desire to feel good. And so, the standard of success in life is not the things or the money. The standard of success is absolutely the amount of joy you feel.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Focus
105. Find something that makes you happy and fixate on it. That is the answer to all things. It’s the answer to getting everything that you want.
106. Keep your focus on how you want to feel and let the Universe fill in the details.
107. Don’t try so hard to fix the things that aren’t working. Focus on the things that are working.
108. Just envision it working. Skip over the how, and the where, and the when and the who and stay focused on the what and the why.
Abraham Hicks Quotes on Expectation
109. When you ask it is given – but at some point you have to stop asking and start expecting.
110. Expect your every need to be met. Expect the answer to every problem. Expect abundance on every level. Expect to grow spiritually. You are not living by human laws.
111. If you could train yourself into knowing that what you are wanting is already done, it would be done right now. When you want it and know it, it is. When you want it and believe it, it becomes right before your eyes. It is the most glorious state of being. Don’t you want to just keep talking about the things that please you? Over and over and over and over and over and over again? The Universe never tires. We will never say to you, ‘We’ve heard it.’ We will never say to you, ‘Stop beating the drum of these pleasant things that you want to live.’ You will never hear that from us. We can’t get enough of your positive reinforcement of what you are wanting. And before you know it, you’ve just practiced your vibration into such a powerful, and maybe what you would call subtle state of positive expectation. We would use the word invincibility to best describe that. You just expect things to turn out for you.